Three areas for improvement.
I can't sleep this morning. I am stressed about work, money, life. I wish I could put my stress in a box and close it up and throw if off a cliff. I feel like I have become a dinosaur at work because I haven't kept up on technology like I should have. Everyone around me is spending all day working on automating our test procedures rather than actually testing. Most of the larger software companies have already started moving that direction. Now the smaller company I work for is following suit. I think some automation is a good thing. But it gets to the point where there is no more testing and the people who used to be testers become second rate software developers hacking together chunks of automation that needs to be main tainted like an unruly child. I have thought of several ways of dealing with this. One is to go with the group and try to improve my automation skills and just go with the flow and then at some point, go work for a larger company where maybe it's slightly less second rate. By second idea is to change career paths but I really am not too sure what I want to to. I just want to find a way to sleep again. Not sure what to do... Other than to keep learning and growing.
I also feel behind financially. Our house is underwater, I owe money on a car and credit cards. In my mind, I have a 3 year plan to get out of credit card debt. But so far I haven't proven to myself that I can take charge. As for the house, I am hoping the market will turn around. Or that it will level out so that we can get caught up and at least owe what it's worth.
The third area I need to work on is my weight. I am currently about 15 lbs overweight. I am always on a diet but somehow I end up weighing the same. I have pretty much been the same weight for about two years. I look at that as a positive in some ways because at least I haven't gained. But I need to find a way to gain control.
Mostly I guess I just need to take control of my life in all areas. It all ties together. I am hoping to find control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment